Thursday, August 13, 2009

News!

So I have good news! I'm finally figuring out what I'll be doing after Asia. I get back on October 31st, so I have to do something! I spoke with my gap year counselor, Joanna, and she said that someone was looking for an intern for LILLY PULITZER! In MANHATTAN! For 3 MONTHS! I'm so excited! The internship is in the marketing and licensing office which is what I want to be doing when I'm older. If I get the internship (fingers crossed!), I would start in November and finish at the end of January. After that, I might do another internship in Tel Aviv or London for a month or two, and then go on a GVI (Global Vision International) program in the Seychelles! The GVI program is 5, 8, or 10 weeks long and involves scuba diving, marine research, and wildlife conservation. I've never done anything like that before so I'm way excited. So this itinerary is Plan A. I'm working on Plan B now, so it might include the scuba diving in the fall or climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, but Plan A and B are based on whether or not I'll be in New York for the rest of the fall. I can't believe I'm leaving on Monday!

1 comment: